Bartow-Hell Haunted Mansion
WAIVER and RELEASE
By purchasing a ticket (s) I agree to the following:
- I understand that the Bartow-Hell Haunted Mansion event, hereafter referred to as Bartow-Hell, is operated on October 27 and October 28, 2017 with the intent to frighten, startle and terrify me.
- I understand this is an adult-themed event, and not intended for children under 13.
- I understand that I may be exposed to light displays that could aggravate or cause seizures, dizziness, or other forms of balance loss.
- I understand that I will need to dress appropriately for a walk through the Bartow-Hell grounds and wear appropriate clothing - i.e. closed shoes, rain gear, long sleeves and long pants etc. This event will be held rain or shine.
- I promise to remember that insect repellents reduce my chances of mosquito or tick bites.
- I agree to avoid touching any “volunteer” during the Bartow-Hell tour and know they may not touch me.
- I agree to obey ANY “crew” member of Bartow-Hell for my own safety and the safety of those around me.
- I may be subjected to Bartow-Hell “volunteers” appearing suddenly and startling me.
- I agree to avoid any electrical current or water hazard.
- I know I may be exposed to commercial grade smoke and fog effects that could aggravate breathing.
- I know I may be exposed to crawling, flying/stinging insects, and I agree to avoid intentionally killing or injuring any spiders, snakes, raccoons, possums or other living creatures with which I may come in contact.
- I agree to use caution when going up or down stairs or ramps.
- I understand that the blood and other liquids should, but may not come out of my clothing.
- I agree that if I become overly terrified, disoriented, confused or suffer from a panic attack, I will notify any Bartow-Hell “crew” member so I can immediately be escorted out of the tour by the quickest means possible.
In consideration of my participation in any of the activities on site or related to Bartow-Hell Mansion Museum, I hereby release, indemnify and hold harmless Bartow-Pell Mansion Museum and City Island Theater Group for any and all claims, actions, costs, expenses, judgments or damages of any and every kind and character, whether statutory or arising in contract or in tort, for any injury to my person and/or for any damages of any and every kind and character, whether statutory or arising in contract or loss of my property, directly or indirectly arising out of or in connection with or attributable to my participation in such activities, including but not limited to claims or damages for death, bodily injury, psychological trauma or property damage arising in whole or in part for the negligence of any of the CREW and/or from negligence on my part.
I release any likeness of my image created while participating in any of the aforementioned activities to remain the sole property of Bartow-Pell Mansion Museum.
No person under the age of 13 will be allowed into any area of the Bartow-Hell Haunted Mansion or grounds unless they are accompanied by an adult(s), who is/are fully responsible for the conduct and the safety of the child, and who agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the parties identified above, from any cost or expense, including attorney’s fees, resulting from any injury to any child they accompany into any part of the mansion or grounds.
Please note this event is not handicapped accessible as there are both inside and outside stairs, uneven walking paths, and limited lighting.
I hereby certify that I have read and understand the foregoing language and its effects.